35th Annual Robbie Burns 8 km Road Race
SORRY WE ARE SOLD OUT
but you can still register for the wait list at Register Online below
January 26, 2014
Certified course - certificate #ON-2012-156-BDC
Registration & Start Time
When you hear the bagpipes,
it’s time to head to the starting line!
Start Time - 9:30 am
3 Ways to Register
1. Register Online (No internet fee added)
Awards & Prizes
Over $2,000 in gift certificates to Runners!
Foot Tools is providing gift certificates for Saucony merchandise
based on clock time, as shown below:
Separate Male and Female Categories (except Grandmaster)
Age group - 1st place
Age group - 2nd place
Age group - 3rd place
Plaques 3 Deep in 5 year age groups
No duplication of awards except medallion
To see a picture of these beautiful plaques click here
14 years & under
In addition, the winner of the Grandmaster category (1st finisher 50+) wins the Alan V. Bragg Award (shown below)
WALKERS - No Gender distinction
Plaque awarded to 1st Overall
Plaques awarded (3-deep) in the following age groups:
Best Costume Award
Did You Know...?
...That wearing a kilt would get you arrested?
Yes -- but that was in 1746! By decree of King George, Highland dress was outlawed by the passing of the Dress Act, with the intent of suppressing highland culture. A first offense was a six-month in prison sentence; second offense was a seven-year exile to a work farm. The ban remained in effect for 35 years. Let's celebrate the lifting of the ban in 1781. Come dressed in your best Scottish tradition and you'll be eligible to win the "Best Costume" award.
2010 winners - The Nordic Nellies. Christine Fielder, Myrna Penny & Jackie Mazur
2009 winners - Mark Parsons, Oakville, ON & Brad's Braw Lassies, Runner's Den, Waterdown, ON
2008 winners - Mike Weaver, Napanee, ON & the Tartan Tarts, Hamilton, ON
Single-Use Timing Chips
Your timing chip will be attached to your race bib. You must wear your race bib on the outside of your clothing or it will not register your finish time.
Click here for our race map and approximate times for heaviest traffic delays
Race Kit Pick Up Instructions
1. You will need to know your bib number before you can pick up your race kit. We will provide a link here by the end of November so you can find your bib number.
2. Race Kit pickup starts Friday, Jan 18th at noon at Foot Tools, 2013 James St., Burlington, ON www.foottools.ca and ends on Jan 25th at 5:00 pm (Foot Tools is closed on Sunday). You can also pick up after your race kit after 8:00 am on race morning at the registration area, Burlington Central School, 1433 Baldwin St, Burlington, ON. To avoid last-minute hassles and long lines I urge you to pick up your race kit at Foot Tools.
3. Your timing chip will be fastened to your race bib when you pick it up. Replacement race bibs will not be available on race day so please keep it safe. You must wear your race bib on the outside of your clothing or it will not register your finish time
4.. You can pick up race kits for others but you will need to bring your picture identification with you so we can record your name. We can't allow you to pick up race kits for others if you do not have picture identification.
5. Please bring your Race Kit bag with you for the Baggage Check. Baggage Check is manditory. Unchecked bags will be moved out of the Gym and Cafteria as soon as the race starts
Results, Pictures, Videos
|2013 Run 2013 Walk||2013||2013 Get Out There Magazine|
|2012 Run 2012 Walk||2012||
2012A - Ryder Photography
2012B - Get out There Magazine
|2011 Run 2011 Walk||2011|
Congratulation to Manuel Teodoro for setting the Canadian Masters age group record for the 8km distance at the 2013 Robbie Burns race!
Stick around after the race and place your race bib tear-off tag in the door prize bin in the Awards area
We're still working on this year's prizes, but here's a list of the stuff we gave away previously
|Niagara Running Series||
free passes to 7 races in the Niagara Running Series
|Canada Running Series||
Free pass to your choice of any reace in the Canada Running Series
|Graphic ID||Technical Sweater/jacket
For more information on Graphic ID click here to send and email inquiry
|Burlington Runners||Movie Passes|
|Road Warrior Running||15 Gift Certificates - $15 each
For more information on Road Warrior Running click here
|Brechin & Huffman Lawyers||$25 Gift Certificate - Walkers Chocolates
$25 Gift Certificate - Dave's Fish Market
For more information on Brechin & Huffman click here
Help us "Go Green"
We will be using the H2 Only water system which allows you to use your own water bottle or our recyclable cups. Recycling bins will be available on race day and we'd like your help in making our race "green". Together we can make a difference in reducing the amount of garbage produced on race day.